Tesco Bank policy details
Tesco Bank offer two levels of cover, comprehensive and third-party fire and theft. Comprehensive policies include:
- A courtesy car if your car is being repaired following a claim. You’ll get a small courtesy car to keep you on the roads.
- Uninsured driver protection, meaning if your car has been hit by an uninsured driver, you won’t be penalised for it. Your no claims bonus (NCB) will be reinstated and your excess will be refunded.
- Fire and theft cover
- Windscreen cover to cover the costs of repairing or replacing your chipped windscreen.
- Replacement child seat cover. Your policy will pay for the replacement of a child car seat damaged in an accident up to the value of £300.
- Entertainment equipment cover to protect things like your sat nav, stereo, or telephone that is permanently fitted in your car.
- EU holiday cover means you can drive away on holiday to the European Union for up to 90 days, providing you’re a UK resident. There’s no need for you to pay extra.
- Medical expenses. If you or your passengers are involved in an accident in the car, Tesco car insurance will pay up to £100 in medical expenses to treat each injured person.
- Emergency transport means you can claim up to £150 towards any costs you may incur getting to your planned destination, or home, if you're involved in an incident that results in a claim that’s paid out.
For an extra cost, the following cover can be added to your policy:
- RAC breakdown cover, with 4 levels of cover available.
- Upgraded courtesy car cover can be added, you will get a car similar in size to your usual car. And it will be available to you for up to 28 days while your car in being fixed.
- Driver injury cover. You get a lump sum payment, up to a maximum specified limit, to help support rehabilitation or expense in the event of a serious injury. Regardless of whether you are at fault.
Tesco Bank doesn’t offer multi-car insurance or temporary car insurance.
Tesco Bank provides two types of cover:
- Standard car insurance for drivers aged 21 and over
- Box insurance, also known as black box insurance, for drivers aged 17-35.
Tesco Bank black box insurance works by installing a black box in your car to monitor your driving. Your safe driving is then rewarded by giving you monthly bonus miles.
- Fixed premium for the year, no curfew or fines.
- A choice of 6,000, 8,000 or 10,000 miles; top up if you need it.
- Accident alert. The box can sense any strong impact on drivers' cars and contact the emergency services on their behalf.
- Theft tracking. Tesco car insurance can help assist the police in finding policyholders' cars if they are stolen.
- Monitor your driving. You can check your driving style online via your own online portal.
Tesco Bank box car insurance is administered by Insure the Box and underwritten by a specialist range of insurers - Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company of Europe SE.
However, your renewal price may increase or decrease depending on your driving behaviour – for example, if you’re speeding or driving dangerously.
Tesco Bank offers a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.